Friday, August 6, 2010

alrighty then.

Well, for some ungodly reason I've taken to this blogging idea and so have been inclined to share the day to day with you. Today, my dears, I am in the mood to bake. Again. And I'm not just in the mood to bake any old cake. I'm looking deep down for a southern to the core type of a recipe. Maybe it's because I've been pouring over old family recipes for the cookbook I'm putting together lately. Maybe it's because it's near the end of summer and I'm bored out of my gourd. Either way, I've looked through several tried and true southern favorites like Mississippi Mud, Coca Cola, and Turtle cakes and I'm quickly realizing that my pantry is not up to snuff so I think I'm going to try my hand at Momo's Pound cake. What's it gonna hurt. I did an hour's worth of Gilad's "Bodies in Motion" routines today. Let's face it. I'm on a roll. Pictures to follow. Have yourself a sweet one -Hugs, y'all!

No comments: