Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blackend Shrimp Salad

Late October and South Texas is still experiencing temperatures in the 90's.  Add high winds to the heat, and the crud that mom petit baby so sweetly passed on to me, and you've got a mom that doesn't want to cook...much.  Taking a cue from Marguerite at Cajun Delights, I've decided to cook up some shrimp to toss in a salad.  Dad can handle arranging a salad while I rest, right?!?  Sure he can.  He's super dad and he can do ANYTHING.
I think I'll use Paul Prudhomme's Magic Blackening seasoning on the shrimp which are tossed in olive oil and lemon juice.  All I've got on hand for a salad is lettuce, tomato, celery, blue cheese crumbles, and avocado.  I think that will all do nicely in a salad, right?  Okay, maybe a hard boiled egg or two.  There.  Dinner is done.  Hope you're having a great week!

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Great pic! This blackened shrimp recipe has me drooling, cher! Sounds divine and especially in a salad! Merci beaucoup for the nice mention and for stopping by!! Happy Friday!

Marguerite said...

Geez, I meant Thursday! Can you tell that I have Friday on the brain? LOL