Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Dinner

When I first got into blogging last summer, I was lucky enough to stumble across Hushpuppy Nation's blog. It's not been updated in a long while, but what I found on it was a treasure trove for a southern cooker in love with all things southern and vintage.

Below is one of my favorite posts. It describes what Christmas dinner on a plantation looked like. If you search "Christmas Dinner", on their blog, you will find a menu from Christmas dinner at Mount Vernon, George Washington's plantation, too!

Christmas Dinner

I love looking at all of the foodtuffs used in the day...some I'm familiar with and some I am not, but I can imagine the stately service of such a dinner in an elegant dining room with this feast brought before each guests and scrumptous desserts displayed on the sideboard. What was it like to enjoy fresh fare in such lavish surroundings!?! Ah, a girl can dream.

Image found at: http://www.awesomestories.com/images/user/1222729555.29.jpg


No comments: