Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Departed

Last night  I had the misfortune of experiencing a culinary disaster.  My heavy whipping cream and mascarpone parted ways : )  Well, as I attempted Devonshire Cream in my new Kitchen Aid mixer, I realized that the manufacturer's didn't lie when they said mixing time would be cut in half.  It surely was, as what used to take a few minutes with my stick mixer, took only seconds in the stand mixer.  I'd never seen whipped cream come apart before.  Thank goodness I had enough of the ingredients for a do-over.

I baked up a fabulously easy Creamy Lemon Pie.  It takes only a few ingredients and only a little time so would be great for a mid-week dessert.  If you'd like to make this yummy pie, you will need:

Creamy Lemon Pie w/ Devonshire Cream

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 egg yolks
1 graham cracker crust

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Mix first three ingredients until fully incorporated and pour into the crust.  Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 325 degree Fahrenheit oven.  Top with Devonshire Cream (see recipe below).

Devonshire Cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup or 4 oz. Mascarpone
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar

Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and mix just until they come together and cream holds it's shape, careful not to over-mix or it will separate! : )

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Oh, this pie sounds scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing! Lucky you to have a Kitchen Aid mixer! It's been on my wish list for years.

Olga Poltava said...

Looks delicious and sounds easy to make. Thanks for sharing this recipe.