Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Getting Ready for the BIG Day

Baby's turning one in less than a month!  I wanted to do a "Big Top" birthday and so I've been scouring the web for any kind of circus throw-backs that I could find.  Check these out...
found on Etsy
We're serving all the common carny fare...Hot Dogs, popcorn, giant salty pickles, and roasted peanuts of  course. : )  I bought the polka dot straws for good measure.  I don't know if I'll use them to craft cupcake toppers or to sip Coke & Root Beer floats. 

It's all so fun, planning the first birthday.  I'm in the process of making her birthday banner and will post that in a few days.  It's my "I can't sew for crap" version of bunting or politely called, "No Sew" ; )

I'm at a loss for the flavor of cupcakes to make, but I've bought some fabric to cover our lazy susan which has three tiers and ought to display the little cakes nicely.  Why (by the way) do they call these things Lazy Susans?  If my name were Susan, I'd be offended.  Hmmm, deep thoughts~

1 comment:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Ooh what a fun event you have planned for the big birthday!!