Monday, May 9, 2011

Summer Reading

Hey all!  Summer time is upon us and I'm so looking forward to the opportunity to read during my break from school.  I haven't had a chance to pickup anything other than textbooks for months so on my first day off, I went to the library and checked out Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.  I think I'm going to like it : )

Usually, I rip through books quickly; though,  I don't know how that will go now that baby is hot-steppin' all over the place.  If I do get through this book within a few days, I'll be needing more suggestions for great books to read, many more suggestions! ; )

If you've got 'em, share 'em.

Here are a few of my favorite reads:

1.) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
2.) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen...this books is everywhere now that the movie has released
3.) Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee West...Mad Girls in Love and Crazy Ladies have characters intertwined between all three novels, if you can't get enough of them.  I had to read all the books!
4.) Steamboat Gothic by Frances Keyes
5.) Sookie Stackhouse Series if you need a fix before the next True Blood season comes out June 26 @ 9pm.

No comments: