Sunday, August 14, 2011

Zucchini Fritters

People all across blog land have been posting zucchini recipes.  Tis definitely the season...zucchini season.  Why, just last week I posted a chocolate zucchini bread recipe from Joy of Baking that utterly pleased.  A few nights later, I decided to try my hand at fritters.  I've combed the web through many, many, recipes.  Simplicity was what I wanted out of a recipe, with no frills ingredients, and this one delivers. 

In true Kitchen Witch fashion, I tweaked the ingredients a little bit.

SERVES  Serves 6
  1. Combine all ingredients and let sit on counter for 20 minutes or so. This will allow liquid to leach out of grated zucchini. Stir batter again to incorporate that liquid. 
  2. Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a heavy skillet. Dip batter into oil about 1/4 cup at a time; fry 2-3 minutes, until golden brown, then flip and repeat. Drain on paper towels.
  3. Serve immediately.


No comments: