Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Cookie Bake-Off

Today was the great Christmas cookie bake-off of 2011.  I'm pooped.  My sweet niece and nephew joined us today to partake in the baking fun.  Here are a few pics.
Real men wear aprons, especially vintage Christmas ones.
What's baking without a little licking?
Big Sissy and Cousin decorate sugar cookies.
Big Sissy thought it could be great fun to snap a picture of me.  She said my smile was saying one thing, but my eyes were telling a different story.  She's perceptive, that one.  Needless to say she didn't snap any more pics after that,
Here's a plate of Nutella cookies.  The verdict is still out on these.  The first batch out of the oven was very crunchy.  The second batch is in now.  If you like a crunchy cookie, this may be your thing.  I prefer soft cookies, myself.  I'll post links for the recipes tomorrow.  


2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Great pic of you, btw! :)

A Kitchen Witch said...

It was, and thank you for your sweet comment.