Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Ornament

If you thought you were done with Christmas, hold your horses...err reindeer?!
Bebe made this sweet ornament for daddy, with my help, of course.  We got the idea from The Crafty Crow blog some time back.  Here are some more pics.  
We used a brown acrylic paint from Walmart and dad's Sharpie marker and red paint marker.  I found a pack of white ornaments in a box, a mix of shiny and matte.  The mattes work best, as the prints didn't smear nearly as bad.  With a 1 yr. old, the no smearing part of the task was a challenge, but as you can tell from the images, the imperfections made it all the better.  I wrote her name in sharpie on one side and the year on the other.  I loved the finished product, a great thing to do in the classroom, with grand kids, or with your own children. 


2 comments:

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Wish I had seen this idea when I was still teaching school. You will always treasure this ornament!

Lynn said...

Adorable idea and a fun project:@)