Friday, May 11, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Pasta

What's good about going to the Doctor's office and your appointment being stalled by an hour?  Finding recipes for the week!  (See, silver lining.)

I found a Kraft recipe for Cheesy Chicken Rotini and thought, "I can do that."


This was an easy meal to put together and I made it even easier.  Here's how: Rotisserie chicken.  Yep, that simple.

Ingredients
1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into inch pieces (I grabbed a Rotisserie chicken and pulled meat off of half of it.)
2 cups water (I didn't measure the water, but cooked pasta according to directions.)
3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked (I used Radiatorre pasta because I love the way the little radiators hold the sauce)
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend
1 can (10 oz.) Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (I used the mild variety.)
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta cut into cubes
1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup
1/4 can milk

Directions
Cook chicken in a large skillet with a little olive oil.  You may want to season your meat with salt and pepper, although the recipe didn't call for it.  Since I used a rotisserie chicken, I skipped this step.  I heated oil in a pan and added the veg mix.

While the veggies were heating up, I added salted water in a large pot  and cooked the pasta, al dente, according to package directions.

Once the veggies were thawed and beginning to heat through, I added the pulled chicken, Ro-tel, and diced Velveeta.

When the pasta was cooked, I drained it and added it into the skillet.  After tasting, I decided the dish needed something so I added a can of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup.  To thin it out, I added a quarter can of milk.  After the last addition, I gave it a good stir to fully incorporate the cheese.

I thought this was a really simple meal to put together and everyone gave it a thumbs up.  So there you go, dinner in a hurry. ; )

Sharing at Rattlebridge Farm's Foodie Friday.

Foodie Friday

No comments: