Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cilantro Lime Sauce for Shrimp or Fish Tacos

The other night we made shrimp tacos.  The shrimp were local and plump and screaming to be turned into tacos.  Yes, the really screamed that to me.  "Turn me into Tacos, Tawanda!" they said.  I don't know why the shrimp call me Tawanda, but I kinda liked it. ; )

I blackened a pound of shrimp and heated corn tortillas in our cast iron skillet.  We shredded a little bit of fresh cabbage and diced our homegrown tomatoes to top the tacos.  We used the cilantro lime sauce as the base to build on, as you can see in the image.  Black beans and yellow rice accompanied these tasty tacos.

Cilantro Lime Sauce
6 oz. plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
a pinch of red pepper
Kosher salt to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and serve.

It's that simple, folks.  This sauce was a change from our usual shrimp tacos and really added a nice fresh zing.  I hope you give it a try the next time you make shrimp tacos...would be equally good on fish tacos, I do believe.

Take care, y'all.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Great idea. Making notes.